Welcome to Weight Loss Wednesdays where I have been sharing my journey and offering some encouragement and tips along the way. Let me just tell you it has been a long week around here again! Not to make excuses or anything! My daughter is still on the mend from being very sick and well now I’m not feeling so well….
So for this week I have maintained my weight. Which I am glad that I have not gained at all this month! I have not exercised since last Friday 🙁 But I hope to in the next few days! I’m hoping this cold I have goes away soon!
As I have been on my weight loss journey keeping motivation is key! One way to keep motivation is to set up rewards as you reach your goals. I have set up different rewards for my goals small and large ones. I never use food as a reward. Why have “junk” food as a reward when I have worked so hard to get where I am. Finding what motivates you might be different from what motivates me!
Here is a list of Rewards that you might use as you reach your weight loss goals. I try to have bigger rewards for large goals and small rewards along the way for when I reach those small goals! They’re important too 🙂
- Hair Cut
- New Book
- A nice long soak in the tub
- New small appliance or electronics (I have done this one for reaching BIG goals)
- Make up
- New Work Out clothes
- New Under garments
- Take a nap or sleep in…(if I didn’t have little ones)
- Buy a New water bottle
- Fresh cut flowers
- Girls night out
- New work out equipment or gym membership
- Watch a movie you have been wanting to see
- Coffee date with a friend mmm or just by myself (no kids)
- Clean out your closet and donate the ones that are to big now
- Buy fancy lotion or shower gel
- Buy new plants for your garden
- Get your rings resized ( I really need to do this one!)
- Hire someone to clean your house
- Sign up for a walking/running event
- Sign up for a class for something you have always wanted to learn
- Take new family pictures
- Piece of jewlery
- New purse or bag
- New wall hanging
- Items for your hobby
- Alone Time (whats that!)
- New Wardrobe
What rewards have you picked out for when you reach your weight loss goals?