Welcome to the first post on five goals I try to accomplish everyday in different areas of my life. When my life just seems like I’m not getting done what I need to, I take the time to figure it out what needs to be changed so I can. But to do that I need to know my goals, priorities, and responsibilities. Knowing my goals are the key to helping me reevaluate my routine and schedule to plan so that I can accomplish what needs to be done!
To start off the series I thought I would share 5 self-care goals to accomplish everyday. If I’m not taking care of myself properly I will have a hard time taking care of my other responsibilities and reaching my goals.
5 Self Care Goals to Accomplish Everyday
- Showered and Dressed for the Day- When I get ready in the morning after exercising I get dressed for the day. If I am prepared to meet what my day holds it usually is a little less stressful! Showers usually help me feel more awake and getting dressed in nice clothing helps me feel and look better. I don’t want to be frumpy in my dress even though I work from home.
- Exercise– I usually exercise 5-6 times a week. And when I don’t exercise I can tell! My energy is usually lower and I feel more tired. I also exercise to help me meet my weight loss goals. This is usually the first thing I do in the morning, this is the best time for me.
- Eating healthy and drinking water-Taking the time to prepare healthy food for myself even when it is busy is a must. (I prepare healthy food for my family too!) My family is not dieting with me so we all kinda eat differently but not to much. I take the time to plan and prepare to help me be successful. When I don’t I fail in my goals. I also keep track of how much water that I am drinking. I have noticed over the last few weeks that with doing daycare out of my home I sometimes forget to keep up on my water throughout the day. Now I have tried to get in more in the morning and evening.
- Goals-I take time to work on my personal goals. I have goals for my home, daughter, work etc but I also have goals that are just for me such as blogging, reading, weight loss, crafting etc. I take a little time each day to work on one of my goals. It doesn’t have to be a big thing or a long period of time. I do take time to know what goals I want to accomplish through out the week and make the time for it.
- Quiet/Personal Time-This is time that I usually set aside in the morning and read my bible and meditate on God’s word. It is something that can be done through the day too. It is also a time to think about what really needs to be accomplished for the day and keeping my priorities in the right order.
Most of these goals I do in the morning before anyone else is awake. I get up early to make sure that I can prepare me for the day properly so that I can meet the needs of my family and job. When I take the time to take care of myself I can better take care of all the other responsibilities in my life.
What are your self-care goals?