My toddler has always been a grazer when it comes to eating! So she loves to have snacks 🙂 And this Mama wants her snacks to be healthy and nourishing especially because her meals are smaller. I want to make sure she is not eating junk!
We definitely don’t eat the American Standard Diet in our home but neither are we a “Real/whole” food family all the way with buying all organic/ local food. I wish were! We do try to keep out diet healthy and there are certain ingredients we do try to avoid.
With doing daycare in my home I always have 4 little ones who want snacks and they want them now! So I try to make sure that I have healthy go to snacks and that they are easy for me, not too much prep work or that I can prep them in advance 🙂 I love freezer cooking.
I have one little gal I take care of who is allergic to milk so if I have serve diary I must have an alternative for her.
If I buy prepackaged items for snack I usually will buy organic to avoid high fructose corn syrup, soy, and artificial food coloring.
Healthy and Quick Toddler Snack Ideas
- Cheese stick or slices
- Fresh Fruit-apples, pears, oranges, or banana. Can serve with peanut butter or other choice of dip
- Fresh Veggies with dip- cucumbers, carrots, cherry tomatoes, orange/yellow/green/red peppers or celery. We like ours with hummus!
- Ants on a log
- Homemade mini muffins-I make a large batch and freeze
- Toddler cookies
- Homemade Popcorn-we make it on the stove top 🙂
- Dried fruit-we like That’s it fruit bars
- Fruit snack-we buy Annie’s brand but these are a special treat.
- Fruit cups